Home     About Me     Recipes

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

GoodWill find

I read all these posts about people finding the most wonderful things at garage sales, goodwill and such. I have never had that luck. I've gotten my boys some school clothes at goodwill and a few nick knacks that I think I will refurbish and end up sitting on them for a long time.
Well recently I've lost some weight and nothing fits. I don't want to buy a whole new wardrobe just to throw those out in a few months. (I'm hoping to lose a bit more weight). So I thought I would go to goodwill and find a pair of shorts or two to tide me over for this summer. Well I hated everything I saw. Not sure if it's still the idea of wearing someone else's old stuff or not but I didn't find one thing I liked. So I continued to shop with my eyes looking for a treasure...I spotted a bread machine. I have wanted one for a long time, and just knew I could save a great deal of money if I could find one cheap enough. My kids eat enough bread to feed a small country, that and cereal! So back to the bread machine...
I got super excited and plugged this sucker in. It got hot right away but it smelled bad.  I bought it anyway....for $8!!! This machine is brand new, must retail for at least $70. I tried it out and made honey whole wheat bread on Monday while it was raining. The house smelled wonderful and the bread came out...
PERFECT!  I, yes I finally found that great deal at Goodwill! My list of homemade things got a little longer ;)

Anyone else have a bread machine? If so, what do you  love to make? Send some good recipes my way please!!!

xoxo
-N

1 comment:

Cassie VerVaecke said...

I love going to goodwill. I like going there for books sometimes, but I have to have something in mind first that I want to find old or just something to fill up bookcase space :D I'm following you from MBC.com! Great website. You can follow me back on my main, and don't forget about my other linked pages!

http://confessionsofanaverageamericanmommy.blogspot.com/

Cassie