Home     About Me     Recipes

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Love at last Sight

Love at Last Sight by Kerry and Chris Shook is another one of their 30 day challenge books. I did the challenge One Month to Live last year. I got a few things out of it and enjoyed the read. So when I was asked to pick my next blogging book, I thought reading Love at Last sight would be a good read as well. I do have to say this book started off very disappointing. They go on and on about social media and how it affects communication with your spouse. I don't find this is my case at all and to read several chapters on it was annoying. My husband even asked me to skip over it! I also didn't agree with them saying if you do every challenge in 30 days you will have amazing relationships. Life just doesn't work that way.
I was planning on reading each chapter in the 30 days and doing all the challenges each night.  Well so happens life gets in the way and I find myself reading through it just to finish and plan on going back later to do the challenges that only will suit my life at the moment. The beginning challenges were easy with little thinking involved. Now it takes me an entire day to answer one question.  I didn't start to really want to read or take the challenges until Chapter 17. The Shook's start to talk about things that happen in our everyday lives. Fights, fall-outs, forgiveness, loving and forgetting. I do find that one of the Chapters was full of The 5 love languages material yet they gave no credit to that author. The majority of the information in this book was not new to me, yet I'm glad I read this book. I did like it, don't get me wrong. It's just not a 30 day challenge I would recommend. It's just a good read.

I was given this book from waterbrookmultnomah.com for free in exchange for my blog post.

No comments: