Home     About Me     Recipes

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Kids in the Bed

I was over at my girlfriends blog today catching up on her life. Hi Brie Girl! And her recent post was about co-sleeping. In no way do we call our situation co-sleeping but let me tell you I can come up with a few names for what I get each night:
Midnight crawler
middle of the night wake up call
bed stealer
you get the point. My lil' guy....um now 6 years old, still sleeps with us at least 2 nights a week. I KNOW right, I rarely get the chance to know what it feels like to not have a child sleeping, kicking, pushing, punching me in the middle of the night. Before you get all, "What, you need to end that" "Are you crazy" let me explain.
Lil' D has been waking up in the middle of the night and walking all the way around my room to tap my shoulder and say "mommy" in his sweet baby voice. "Can I sweep wif you"? How in the world do you say, "NO, go back to bed" to that? I did it once and he cried, so I cried and then I was up all night feeling guilty for saying no to my little man wanting to be with me. It's so easy to just say, sure and go back to my perfect slumber.  He is learning now though to just ask right at bedtime. "Mommy, can I just sweep wif you now"? That one is always a NO. I swear I'll end it this summer or this fall, OK by the end of 2011 I will no longer let him sleep with me. Now that I have that out there you can all hold me accountable.

Brie also posted this link, see below. I thought this was so funny! No matter what is happening in our house my hubby sleeps through everything!

http://www.amberdusick.com/woodmouse_loves_crafts/2011/06/what-it-is-like-to-not-sleep-at-night-illustrated-with-crappy-pictures.html

Are you co-sleeping or have a toddler in your bed? If you nipped that in the butt, how did you do it and how did your kids handle it? I could use some suggestions at this point I think. Oh, and don't judge me......My kid is just to darn cute!

1 comment:

Julie - Life Continues said...

I haven't laughed this hard in a long time....funny blog!