Home     About Me     Recipes

Monday, June 20, 2011

Carnival Birthday Party

When it comes to birthday parties, it sure has gotten expensive! This year I decided to do D's party at home. He chose a Carnival theme, and it just so happens last summer my girlfriend did one at a park. So I got to borrow a few games and then searched high and low for some supplies. I decided to make stuff at home as well.
Games:
3 in a row and bowling. Bowling in picked up at Wal-Mart for $5!
We also had a fishing game, which broke with the first try. We did have this outside full of water and the kids decided to get wet too.
We also had our wonderful neighbors bring over ladder golf to entertain the kids. It was a huge hit.
As for party favors and food we got a little creative.
 Favors: Ice cream cone dipped in chocolate, then dipped into sprinkles. I then added a swirly straw, tootsie pops and sugar straw.
 I made some homemade carnival signs labeling the food. I set up my kitchen table with peanuts which were the marshmallows ones, Cheetos, BBQ chips, Cotton Candy from the dollar store and a popcorn machine. We also had hot dogs with holders.
 I made a subway art in Carnival and big top fonts for the front gift table. Just the other day I was at Hobby Lobby and saw a ton of Carnival themed items in there party isle. I wish I would of looked there! But I guess I saved money not buying everything I saw.



Cake time! All 13 kids had a great time! I kept my patience but told both my kids that at home birthday parties would never happen again! Now I understand why places like Monkey business and jumpstreet charge so much. It's a lot of work and a ton of screaming.

Anyone else do in home birthday parties? What theme did you do? Will you do it again?

xoxo
-N

1 comment:

Julie - Life Continues said...

Very clever Nicole,

I used to love doing parties for you guys when you were little. You got very creative!

Wish I could have been there.

Love, Mom