Home     About Me     Recipes

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Our Christmas {2011}

I'm a bit behind on downloading my pictures from Dec. so bare with me!

We had a very different Christmas this time around then past years. I would have to say it was awesome! Let me explain why we ended up doing things different.
I have not family that lives in CO, we are all spread out. My hubby's side is half in MS and his dad lives here part of the time and in FL the other half. So it ended up being we were home alone. Well besides the girlfriend in law and we saw her on Xmas eve.

I thought after being with family for the last 8 years, we would try doing it just the 4 of us and start new traditions or continue childhood traditions.

On Christmas Eve our events went as follows:

Brunch with the neighborhood

Small Nap

Church

Party at my girlfriends

we then came home and let the boys open 1 gift. Every year they get a pair of Xmas pj's. Since they are so tall now they  no longer get the footie ones. My mom sent them a pair this year and they are so soft and cozy.
We set out Egg nog and cookies for Santa
Bedtime

Christmas morning I grew up that we had to eat breakfast before opening gifts. I hated that, it was torture waiting to see what you got! I pulled it off for the last couple years and decided...Presents first!
Believe it or not we woke up before the boys. When they ran down the stairs as fast as they could they looked through there stockings while we poured our coffee.
I handed out gifts to the boys, they had to open most of them at the same time, cause they got very similar gifts (ie: video games, spy goggles).
Rog and I open after the boys.

After it's all picked up, the boys play while I cook up the usual:
Bacon

Scrambled Eggs

Sausage

Cinnamon rolls (usually homemade, but not this year)
with of course Mimosa's or Moscato for the adults.

This year we had a white Christmas so we took the boys sledding. I haven't sled in many many years. It was so much fun!

After sledding we came home and made dinner.
Turkey

Green bean casserole

Candied yams

Rolls

Mashed potatoes...I rock at this!

Stuffing out of a box, it was actually so good!

This meal is pretty traditional for me. Rog usually has a bit more southern style foods but we didn't go there this year.
We then pigged out on all the cookies and candy we got from friends. I was in bed early, the day seemed pretty long.

We had a fantastic Christmas and I cannot wait to continue traditions and start new ones.

Here are some of the better pictures.






                                                                  It was only Candy!
                                            Excited he got a Xbox Kinect
                                               Got my Coach Watch!! He listened ;)


                        This one actually broke the sled...No not cause I was heavy it was cracked before hand.
Down to one sled that made you ride backwards most of the time.

I hope you enjoyed our Christmas pictures.

xoox
-N

No comments: