Home     About Me     Recipes

Friday, March 12, 2010

When enough is enough!

Tanner is very easy to get along with, he's not perfect and he is a little immature for his age. But he has a lot of friends. Yet, his bully finally got to all of us. The bully next door neighbor threw a ball at Tanner's face twice while playing the other day. I could hear Tanner crying and screaming in the street so I ran out there and finally put my foot down!
I yelled at the boy to lay off and if he didn't want to play nicely to just stay inside and leave us alone. I told him he was a tattle tale and that we (Tan and I) were now going to tattle on him and tattle on everything he does! I could see the fear in his eyes!
I went inside and I was the "talk" of all the kids. I heard one say that I was scary. I felt bad, but at the same time I felt like maybe this will get them to leave Tanner alone.
Not only did I feel good to finally let him know that this was the end of his bullying but I told Tanner to stick up for himself! My moto: Don't ever start a fight, but end it!
I thought I would get a call from some neighbor parents but not a word! I think that most of the neighbors would pat me on the back for finally putting the boy in his place!
This neighbor boy actually has improved his attitude slightly. He is nicer when he knows I'm listening.

No comments: