Home     About Me     Recipes

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Book Club

I love my book club, it's a bunch of my friends that meet once a month and drink wine and gossip! Well after a few hours of that we do talk about the book and we have really read some good stuff. I am really expanding from my norm on book genre too. For Jan. we read Dear John as I'm sure a lot of other book clubs did as well. The group was split on this romance novel. I loved it but I cried a lot. Our plan was to see the movie as a group after but the majority of us are to embarressed to go and cry in public!! I'll have to watch it at home alone!
February we read Loving Frank. I was not a huge fan of it but I pushed through it. The ending was good and I was actually intrigued to find out more about Frank Lloyd Wright. He did build some amazing houses. I do not agree with him being a nice man. He did some shadey stuff. I do recommend for book club though.
For March we are reading Water for Elephants. I am pretty excited about this.
For those of you that may not know this check out your local libraries and they will most likely have a book club kit for you to check out. My library has this, over 200 titles! We get a big bag full of 8 books, discussion questions and book facts! Water for elephants is the first one we are doing of this but love it so far. Very convinent.
If you are a reader or in a book club I am always open for some suggestions!

No comments: