Home     About Me     Recipes

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My Love for Mini {pumpkin,zucchini} Breads

I have been making pumpkin, zucchini and banana bread for a while. But this year I purchased the Pampered Chef's Stoneware mini loaf pan. I just love making these mini loaves! I make 4 loaves at a time and freeze 2 of them for later. They are perfect for a snack or for a light breakfast.






Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread

1 1/3 C. Sugar
8 oz. Pumpkin Puree (you can used canned pumpkin, but I buy my own pumpkin, broil it then peel the skin off before I puree it)
1/4 Cup & 3 Tbs. Vegetable Oil
1/4 C & 2 tsp Water
1 3/4 Egg
1 1/2 C + 1 Tbs. Flour
1 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
1 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
1 tsp Baking Soda
3/4 tsp. Salt
1/2 C Chocolate Chips (optional..I usually do a few so the boys will eat it)

Preheat oven to 350.
In Bowl combine sugar, pumpkin, oil, water, eggs and beat until smooth.
Blend in Flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and salt. Fold in Chocolate Chips.
Bake in stoneware loaf pan 35 min, but check after 25min.
Bake 1 hour 10min. in a regular tin loaf pan.
Then ENJOY! This is usually so moist you don't need to add butter but it is optional.
See the difference in baking times with Pampered Chef pieces :) I love it!

No comments: