Home     About Me     Recipes

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Flour Tortillas

My friend Lisa had to go out of town for work, so I watched her two daughters for a few nights. The olders 13 yrs is the pickest eater ever! I thought Tanner was bad! So the 1st night she was here she had pizza while we ate something more healthy. On the second night I told her I was making chili..of course she didn't want that either, so she asked me to make homemade flour tortillas cause what 13 yr old eats store bought tortilla's right?!?. I was laughing so hard, as I told her I cook but not stuff like that! Well after a few words of encouragement I rolled up my sleeves and headed to the kitchen. It was 4 ingredients and your hands. I used my Pampered Chef pastry roller and rolled them out as best I could.
I then put them on a hot skillet for a minute on each side....TADA! Flour tortilla's and they actually tasted good!
I don't think this will make it to my monthly menu but it was sure fun trying something new!

No comments: