Home     About Me     Recipes

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Off to kindergarten & 2nd grade

My baby has started kindergarten. It was a bittersweet moment really. I love having Dylan toting around with me but at the same time I love having the peace and quiet of no one talking! Monday morning marked the date of no kids in the house, well for at least 3 hours. I prepared myself for several days before hand that Dylan was going to start school again. I was prepared to cry, I didn't wear mascara and I kept Kleenex in the car. When we got to school Dylan allowed me to walk him in and take a picture on my phone. He was very specific he didn't want me taking in my huge camera. "On your phone only mommy!" Then once I got my 2 pictures he stopped smiling and looked away. I gave him a kiss and he then said, "OK, bye" as in get out your embarrassing me. Which I'm sure I was, I was the only mom there! I actually didn't cry at all, I was so stressed out that I didn't have time to cry. I was planning my attack of my to do list. Which was to get more school supplies, I procrastinated a lot!
I'm late on this post as of today we have finished day 3 and Dylan is loving every minute! From the time I pick him up until I have his lunch made he tells me all the stories about school and who his friends are, what his snack was, how he played at the park, what the rules are...He needs to make up for not talking for the last 3 hours..Seriously!
Tanner is loving 2nd grade and is not mad at all for switching schools..Thank the lord. Tanner says he talks so much during lunch he doesn't get to eat much. What a social butterfly! He says they are not into much homework stuff yet but the days are long. He gets 2 recess' and he spends those talking and eating again. This is as much as I get out of him. I think the majority of what is going on at school is setting rules and getting used to the schedule.
I'm one happy mom for getting them into a school they love. The driving is another issue..I'm in the car again a LOT! Soccer starts next week which means more driving and more time away from home.

I also have cut his hair since this photo.

1 comment:

Julie - Life Continues said...

Oh my gosh! What a crack up!
Dylan looks like he just came from the 1960's with his hair long and sideburns. I love that he is so excited and shares his day with you.
And Tanner looks like the preppy student and I'm so glad that he is happy this year.

So cute!!