Home     About Me     Recipes

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

'Eat, Pray, Love'

My book club just finished Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. This is about a women on a journey to find herself...or to wollow in self pity if you ask me. This memior is not the first! I was a bit disappointed at the book to be honest. Oprah went on for days about how this is like a bible to her...I don't get it??
Eat which is chapter 1, taken place at the start of her trip in Italy. I've never been to Italy, so I thought perfect I will love this chapter. I will live through her about what the food and wine will be like being a foodie myself. NO, not at all, so she ate some freakin' pizza and pasta with some red wine. Where is the excitement in that? I want details, make me feel like I'm there with you!!
Pray..Everyone told me to just skip over this part, that it would put me to sleep. Not in my case, this is actually when the book started to get good. Myself having tried once or twice to have a moment of silence I really connected with the mind battles of trying to get yourself to shut up! I could of gone with cutting some of the stuff out, but overall thought what a great experience.
Love, loved it! Who wouldn't want to meet a man that is all about you and only you? I hated how all over the place she was, she wanted to be with a man but didn't want to date? Your not getting any younger! Who wouldn't want to meet an amazing friend and take a road trip for days while acting like kids again? I would love to do that. The things I would of love to of done before kids....but that's a whole other blog.
I have also encluded a clip, the movie comes out here in the next couple days and I plan to go see it. I do think the movie will be better than the book..We will see!
If you read the book, I'd love for you to leave a comment of your opinion too.

No comments: