Home     About Me     Recipes

Friday, August 27, 2010

Bird Houses

A couple weeks ago Roger needed to replace a picture frame glass that he broke at work, so I took him to Micheal's. When we arrived they had bins outside that said 90% off..Who wouldn't look? So I was rummaging through what was crap to me and was about to walk away when I saw on the very bottom shelf,  a planter that says welcome, super cute for my porch, and some bird houses. The boys have been into birds, feeders and houses this summer. I give thanks to my neighbor Dawnette who enjoys birds a lot. She bought Dylan a feeder earlier this summer. So when I saw the houses I though ART PROJECT!!
I grabbed 1 already done for myself and 2 that could be painted for the kids. Total $4.00 I think.
Tanner'sDylan's house
So yesterday after school since it was 95 degrees out, we decided to paint the houses finally. Dylan has his in our Maple tree in the backyard and Tanner put his on the retaining wall next to mine. Let's see if we get some nests!

1 comment:

Julie - Life Continues said...

Great idea, glad that the boys are showing interest in such things!