Home     About Me     Recipes

Monday, July 26, 2010

A blessing!

I got a call on Friday early evening from Judy the registrar at Platte River Academy. This is the school Dylan is going to. She informed me that a 2nd grade class spot opened up and Tanner's name was pulled! This was a bittersweet moment. There are many mixed feelings about public/charter schools and as everyone knows Tanner has struggled in school for a while now. He is on an ILP and has worked with his past teacher to meet his goals. I wasn't sure if a smaller school would be able to meet our needs. I talked to a few teachers that work for neither school and got some feedback.
I called this morning and talked with the Special Ed teacher that handles ILP students and asked her a ton of questions and told her all my concerns. She was amazing! I think I almost started crying at how much she told me they care and support the students. We DO NOT get that at WildCat elementary!
I feel like this is a GOD sent blessing! Not only is it incredible hard to get into this school, some people are on the waitlist for YEARS! Dylan and Tanner both got picked in the same year. My life is going to be so much easier because of this blessing!
Now what to do with my few hours of FREE mom time without the boys??

2 comments:

Lauren Carlton said...

congrats nicole, that is great news!

Julie - Life Continues said...

So happy for you and the boys!!! It will be great if he could get more one on one help!