Home     About Me     Recipes

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Hints Revealed!

Dear Friends and Family,
 I have some exciting news to share with you!
This coming August, I will be joining several other families as we travel to Puerto Cabezas, Nicaragua where we will be working in an orphanage that is home to over 100 children who have been left orphaned due to the poverty and natural disasters of that area. Behind Haiti, Nicaragua is the second poorest country in Central America. Three yeas ago Hurricane Felix devastated this area and today many villages still lay in ruin. With over 85% unemployment rate poverty is at historic highs. The need for adequate shelter for the children is desperately needed. During our time there we will engage with the children, listen to their stories, play and interact with them. It's our hope and desire to get to know each of the children and share the love of Christ with them through our words and actions.

In addition to spending time with the children we will be working on the construction of a new orphanage which when done will provide living accommodations for up to 120 children complete with dining hall, study area, kitchen and play area.

I am asking for your prayer for the entire trip. By praying for my safety you are actually helping spread the love of God to the hundreds of homeless children living in such oppression. In addition to prayer I would like to as you to partner with me by helping me raise the required $1800.00 for expenses for this trip and in addition we as a team need to raise $5,000 for construction materials. I would like to ask you to consider making a donation towards the expenses for this trip. Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated.

If God places in your heart to help, please make out your check in any amount to Cherry Hills Church and mail it to me Nicole Craft at
10776 Towerbridge Circle
Highlands Ranch, CO 80130
I in return will send your checks to the church and they will send you a tax deductible receipt. Please write Nicaragua August 2012 on the memo line.

Thank you in advance for your donation, prayers and support!!
Please pass on this letter to anyone you know that loves to donate to special causes!

I will try and keep my donation amount progress in the margin. Thank you again!

xoxo
Nicole C

No comments: